Saturday, July 13, 2013

Century of Fashion













These are a few pages from the book "A Century of Fashion Dress Pattern Illustrations, 1898-1997."  I think this book is an excellent reference for paper doll bases and outfits.  I may post a few more pages featuring some great vintage clothing.  I used my borrowed portable scanner to scan the pages of this book and it worked fairly well but a few pages look a little 'curved'.  This book was published by Shiffer and the author is Alice I. Duff.  I checked it out from the Inter Library Loan System.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting these excerpts from the book! I'm a paper doll artist and am always on the lookout for books on fashion or inspirations for my own paper doll models. I am always visiting your blog to see what wonderful paper doll sets you have posted (many of them I've never seen before) or have designed yourself. You are right, some of the images will make great paper doll bases. I went hunting on Ebay and found the book for $12.99 which I thought was a pretty reasonable price so I bought it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing these wonderful
    vintage patterns and for the information
    about the interesting book from which they
    came. I am always on the look out for
    vintage patterns.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete